Roman Holiday Broccolini
We love roasting vegetables throughout the fall and winter months and this simple green combination of broccolini with baby green beans is one of our all-time favorites. Our Coastal Goods Roman Holiday Italian Seasoning blend, adds the perfect complementary flavor pizazz to the roasted vegetables.
- 2 bunches broccolini, thicker lower stems trimmed (about the bottom 2 inches)
- 1 pound slender baby green beans, often sold as haricots verts, stem ends trimmed and tails left in tact
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Coastal Goods Roman Holiday Italian Seasoning blend
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Place the broccolini and green beans together in a mixing bowl and toss to coat evenly with the olive oil, Roman Holiday Italian Seasoning blend, salt and pepper. Spread the vegetables out on a large rimmed baking sheet or shallow roasting pan. Roast, stirring 2 or 3 times, until the vegetables are tender and blistered brown in random spots, about 20 to 22 minutes. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Serves 6 to 8