Roasted Leg of Lamb with Greek to Me Yogurt Marinade
Yogurt is a magical marinade for lamb, as its enzymes make the meat exceptionally tender. Our Greek To Me Seasoning Blend adds the perfect herbaceous savor to the succulent meat.
- 2 cups whole milk Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Coastal Goods Greek To Me Seasoning Blend
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- One 4-to-4 ½-pound semi-boneless leg of lamb
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and cut into thin slivers
- Several small sprigs fresh rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- The day before you plan to roast the lamb, stir the yogurt, Greek To Me seasoning blend, lemon juice, and olive oil together until blended. Place the mixture in a heavy-duty, gallon-size Ziploc bag, add the lamb to the bag, and seal the bag, pressing out any trapped air. Mush the yogurt marinade around in the bag so that it evenly coats the leg of lamb. Refrigerate for 18 to 24 hours.
- When ready to roast the lamb, preheat the oven to 425 F. Remove the lamb from the bag, leaving behind and/or scraping away most of the yogurt marinade. Place the lamb on a rack in a roasting pan. Using the tip of a sharp paring knife, cut 16 evenly spaced ½-inch-deep slits all over the surface of the lamb. Tuck a sliver of garlic and small sprig of rosemary into each slit. Season the lamb generously all over with salt and pepper.
- Roast the lamb in the oven for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 F. and continue roasting until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat registers 135 F., about 60 to 70 minutes for medium-rare meat. Roast 15 to 20 minutes longer if more well done meat is desired. Transfer the lamb to a carving board, and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes before carving.