Frizzled Farm Beans
This simple, oven roasting method of cooking string beans never fails to win fans and converts. Kids think the beans taste like French fries, while adults find them addictively delicious. Use any of the Sarah's Sea Salt blends that tickle your personal palate, though at Coastal Goods we are particularly partial to using either the Tuscan, Provencal, or Gulf of Mexico Salt in the recipe.
- 2 pounds fresh string beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons fruity olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Sarah's Sea Salt of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Toss the string beans with the olive oil and Sarah's Sea Salt of choice to coat evenly. Spread the beans out in a single layer on a baking sheet or shallow roasting pan.
- Roast the beans in the oven, shaking the pan occasionally, until the edges become browned and crisp, about 25 minutes. Serve piping hot or warm.
- SERVES 6 TO 8