Croissant French Toast
Breakfast or brunch always seems to taste best when snuggled into the carefree comfort of a vacation home, be it the porch of a beach cottage or the fireside of a ski cabin. This deliciously decadent Croissant French Toast was designed with just such memorable mornings in mind.
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup half & half
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec or other orange liqueur
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons Coastal Goods French Toast Sugar & Spice, plus more for serving
- 6 stale (1 to 3 days old) plain croissants, sliced in half lengthwise
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Beat the eggs, half & half, and triple sec together. Whisk in the orange zest and French Toast Sugar & Spice. Pour into a shallow dish such as a pie plate.
- Dip each croissant half into the egg mixture, turning once, and letting soak for about 30 seconds per side. Melt a few tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add as many croissant halves as will fit and sauté until golden on both sides. Repeat with remaining croissants, adding butter to the skillet, as needed.
- Generously sprinkle more French Toast Sugar & Spice over the croissants and serve at once.
- SERVES 6