Crispy Sauteed Potatoes
These Mediterranean-style potatoes pair splendidly with many of the holiday season's finest roasts - beef, lamb, pork, and even poultry. The secret to extra crispy potatoes is to soak and rinse them in cold water before sautéing in order to remove much of the potato's natural starch. You must also muster the patience to resist flipping the potatoes prematurely so that a crunchy brown exterior can form. Caramelized garlic and our fragrant Provençal blend of Sarah's Sea Salt make for a lusty and warming combination.
- 2 ½ pounds all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 20 to 24 whole cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Sarah's Sea Salt, Provençal blend
- Freshly ground Paris Pepper, to taste