Christmas Prime Rib Roast
We believe this impressive Prime Rib Roast is the best and most irresistible way to culminate all the festivities and traditions leading up to the Christmas dinner finale.
Ingredients1 Prime Rib Roast, 3 to 4 bones, weighing 6 to 7 pounds
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 to 4 tablespoons Coastal Goods Fleur de Sel & Kampot Pepper blend
5 tablespoons French Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 ½ tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Remove the prime rib roast from the refrigerator 45 minutes before beginning to roast it. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Place the rib roast on a rack in a large roasting pan. Brush it lightly all over with the olive oil and season generously all over with the Fleur de Sel & Kampot Pepper blend.
- Place the roast on a rack in the center of the hot oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together the mustard, flour, garlic, and rosemary to make a paste. After the roast has been in the oven for 30 minutes, remove it and turn the temperature down to 350 F. Smear the mustard paste all over the roast and in between the ribs using a small silicone spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Return the rib roast to the oven and continue cooking, allowing 10 to 12 minutes per pound, checking the roast for doneness with an instant-read thermometer. Cook to 130 F. for medium rare meat, and 140 F. for medium meat. Remove the roast from the oven, tent with foil and let rest for 20 to 30 minutes before carving. Serve with horseradish sauce or other favorite roast beef accompaniment.
Serves 6 to 8